On Wednesday 15 August 2007 13:04:55 John Valenti wrote:
> I messed up and ordered some Thinkpad X61 tablet computers with
> Vista.  I was just going to reload them with our XP license, then
> realized I don't have the tablet edition.
>
> Lenovo says they can't do anything to help me, and I don't see the
> tablet edition listed at the MSU computer store.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Oh, do people think that copy of Vista includes downgrade rights?  I
> know we used to be able to run earlier versions of Windows if we had
> an XP license (ditto for Office), but I'm not sure if that still holds.

The last time I asked an MS person that question, it was still the case
that you could run an earlier "lesser" version of Windows with the
more current license.  I know thats the case for running win2K with
an XP license, and my more recent question was about Vista and XP.
That was about 1.5 years ago that I asked that but I don' think
things have changed since then.

--STeve Andre'
Political Science