We have an XP Pro machine that houses our Admissions Database for the
College of Music.  And many other admissions files that are used on a daily
basis.  I just use a batch file using XCOPY, with several of the switches
thrown, including /D so that it only copies files changed or updated since
the last backup.  The batch file is called by the system scheduler at a
designated time every night.

Nothing fancy, but it works really well.  As long as the machine is powered
on, it runs.

-dak

On 5/10/07 2:06 PM, "Skutt, Tim" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You assign the user credentials on which to run the tasks as on XP.  As long
> as it is running on a service account that has a password that doesn't expire
> that should work pretty well.

Dak Aldrich
Network Administrator
College of Music, MSU