From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Kim Geiger
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] email troubleshooting

We run our own mail server.   Recently, one user in particular has
failed to receive email from a Hotmail and an AOL address.  Both were
replies to mail from her, so presumably the addressing was correct.
Logs show lots of other mail from Hotmail and AOL, but nothing from the
address of this user's correspondents--no blocks, no refusals, nothing.

Can anyone think of a reason why this might be happening?  It's hard to
diagnose a non-event...  I have a vague recollection of AOL having some
issue with mail from MSU, but that was a while ago and wasn't with them
sending to us, but of us to them.

Anyway, thanks for any ideas.
--

Kim Geiger