While we are on the topic of mail.msu.edu:

I have been getting ready to implement a new email filtering solution at our college.  During testing I noticed that I had to turn off SPF checking, this was due to how forwarding from mail.msu.edu works (which 800+ users at our college currently use).  Email forwarding breaks because mail.msu.edu forwards email without modifying the envelope sender (http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Forwarding).  It seems that the only two workarounds for this problem are to either whitelist mail.msu.edu or implement SRS (on mail.msu.edu).  So I guess my question is if there are any plans for this issue to be addressed by the mail.msu.edu team?
--

Stephen Bogdanski
Network Support