From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Acosta-Silveira, Cecilia
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Odd Windows Update / slow computer issue

Yes, the same thing happened to me, the way I fix it was going to
services.msc and stop and disable Automatic updates and Background
Intelligent Transfer Service.  Then reboot and it let me in, under,
C:\windows\ rename the software distribution folder, then restart Automatic
updates and intelligent transfer service and it works fine after that.