On Thu, 31 May 2007, Stephan Andre' wrote:

> Unfortunately, this might just be random happenings because of overloaded
> bad smtp machines.  I have seen exactly this with Yahoo.  The receiving
> system I know was fine, but every once in a while a Yahoo originated email
> juts goes away.

Do you have a backup MX and DNS preferably offsite and correctly
configured?

Just another diagnostic point, it would be helpful to know whether the
email actually ends up in the persons -sent mail box- on the yahoo/aol or
whatever server provided they are using the web/imap or offsite interface.

> Let us know if you find anything.  Diagnosing the bizarre is a useful
> talent these days.

*loves diagnosing the bizarre*

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University