From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurence Bates
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 1:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] general consensus about the best way of installing Microsoft regular update Patches?

What is the general consensus about the best way of installing Microsoft’s regular update Patches?

1)       Automatically install when available

2)       Automatically download and install ASAP

3)       Automatic download and install after a reasonable comment period.

4)       Do extensive testing before installing regular updates

5)       Install first on a virtual LAN which mimics all of the major servers ;-)

Laurence A. Bates

College of Education

Michigan State University

217E Erickson Hall