We had this problem when we switched to NOD32.

NOD32's IMON component conflicts with HostExplorer.  You could turn off
IMON, but the better solution is to add the hostex32.exe (C:\Program
Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\10.00\HostExplorer\hostex32.exe) to the
list of applications IMON does not monitor

This setting is under 'IMON/Settings/Misc/Excluded Applicatoons' of the
configuration profile.  Then push the updated profile out to your clients.

Erik

--
Erik Selke
Information Technologist