John,

You had to go there didn't you!  You had to open up that can!  I think its a
reasonable request however.  I think a lot of people just don't think about
it when they are sending said sensitive information over the wire like that.

I don't want any mail server storing sensitive data on me either.  However,
the fact of that matter is, ours (mail.msu.edu) is going to be storing some,
just as soon as I violate mailing list etiquette and post your sensitive
info many lines below [and you all scroll down to see if its really there or
not]:

John Callaghan writes:

> Sensitive data should not be sent via email anyway.  I don't want any
> email server storing sensitive data about me.  And if we are concerned
> about sensitive data leaving our networks, then we shouldn't allow
> forwarding.
>
> On 4/19/07, Brian Martinez <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Argh,
>>
>> I will say to you fellow NAGgers these two unrelated things:
>>
>> 1a) Consider who is holding onto your data at this point.  Not MSU.  A
>> third-party.  Do you really want a third-party storing emails containing
>> sensitive information?
>> 1b) This opens up the "yeah but its Google" door!  And I'm not attempting
>> go there with my statement/argument.
>>
>> 2) Google is hitting up *all* universities, not just MSU.  We did not
>> request for them to do this (to the best of my knowledge).
>>
>> ./brm
>>

> --

MADE YOU LOOK!  HA!  =)
http://search.msu.edu/people/index.php