A couple of questions for people out there using Mathematica, Matlab, and/or Maple.

1.        Are there any departments that are paying for their own site license instead of participating in the University’s site license for Mathematica?

2.       Are there any departments that are already paying for a site license for Matlab and/or Maple.  If so, I would like to discuss some kind of joint effort to leverage our position.

3.       Does anyone know if Matlab and/or Maple have ever been given a chance to bid against Wolfram for the campus site license?  Some competition amongst these players might be a good thing.

Thanks,

Steve Plemmons

Mathematics