FYI – Debbie

Subject: Daylight Saving Time Update

Everyone,

February is here and that means that Daylight Savings Time is just around the corner.  If you find your organization struggling with this change, please read the information below. If you have questions or concerns, please let me know and I will assist.   Please feel free to forward as appropriate.

Please see our DST page (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx) for a wealth of up-to-date information regarding the Daylight Savings Time Zone change and what Microsoft is doing to help.

Here is the latest news I have for you regarding this:

·         A free utility is available for Windows 2000 systems (tzedit).

·         Windows 2000 is in Extended Support (6-10 years after a product has been released) per our Lifecycle Policy (http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle)

·         Extended Support offers security related hotfixes for free, but an extended hotfix support agreement is required for non-security related hotfixes.

·         An exception has been made for the DST patch so that an extended hotfix support agreement is no longer required in addition to a reduced cost.  If you are interested in this, please contact me and I will assist.

·         The Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool is now available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en. I highly encourage you to review KB Article 931667 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/en-us) to ensure that you fully understand what this tool does and the various scenarios that it applies to plus it talks specifically about the Exchange Server/Outlook Client Interaction.

Please stay tuned to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx for the most current information and links to other valuable information.

Standard Links you can go to:

Ø      Preparing for daylight saving time changes in 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/dst2007

Ø      Outlook Update Tool overview and Outlook Update tool FAQ (here)

Ø      Further details and scenarios for Outlook Time Zone Update Tool (KB931667)

Ø      Get the Outlook Time Zone update Tool at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en

Ø      Appointments appear off by one hour when you use Collaboration Data Objects to obtain calendar information from Exchange Server 2003 (KB924580)

Ø      Update for daylight saving time changes in 2007 for Exchange 2003 (KB926666)

Ø      How to configure daylight saving time for the United States in 2007 (KB914387)

Ø      Windows Video presentation and deployment of patch (KB930688)

Ø      A test version of the 2007 global time zone update for Windows is available (KB924840)

Ø      2007 time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems (KB928388)

Ø      Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update Services changes in content for 2006 (KB930858)

Ø      Update for Windows SharePoint Services (KB924881)

Ø      How to configure daylight saving time for the United States and Canada in 2007 and in subsequent years on Windows CE-based devices (KB923027

Ø      U.S. daylight saving time changes in 2007 do not occur on the correct day on Windows CE 5.0-based devices (KB921095)

Ø      How to configure daylight saving time for the United States and Canada in 2007 and in subsequent years on Windows Mobile-based devices (KB923953)

Again, please let me know if you have questions concerning DST.

If you no longer wish to receive emails from the Education Solutions Group, please reply to this email with REMOVE in the subject line.

Cynthia Hanna

Higher Education Major Account Representative

Heartland District

(513)418-1200

Better Together

Windows Vista & Office 2007

Improve your institution’s learning
environment and productivity with Windows
Vista and Office 2007