On Friday 23 February 2007 11:20:35 David McFarlane wrote:
> At 2007-02-23 11:09 AM Friday, John Valenti wrote:
> >But I would re-frame this topic as "Why would we want to roll out
> >Vista?".
>
> Or maybe, "How can we avoid rolling out Vista?"  Do we really have any
> choice in the long run?
>

> -- David McFarlane, Systems Designer

Absolutely.  I haven't run Windows for anything I do personally, since
2001. The open source world just gets better and better.  Pieces are
falling into place that complete the picture, like Adobe gving the
Mozilla foundation the code to Flash; Real opening up its code and
having the Helix player; OpenOffice handling I'd say at least 80% of
the Word users; Apache being better web servers; Firefox  being at
least off to a very good start; Eudora morphing into some kind of
open source.  The list goes on.

This is fodder for a meeting at some point.

--STeve Andre'
Dept. of Political Science