I'm trying to understand exactly what steps end users of Outlook must take to update. This document:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

Says this:

You can prevent these problems by installing three Microsoft files on your device and/or PC:
So if you don't do ALL of these, you are going to have sync problems.

Question: does Windows Update do the Windows and Outlook patches?  A colleague in ACNS who has not run the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool says that after a recent Windows Update, the next time he ran Outlook it asked to adjust all of his appointments.

And then we have these encouraging words:

If some users have not updated their Outlook, it will affect other users
The Outlook Time Zone Update Tool only updates meetings for which the user is the organizer, and then automatically sends updates for those meetings to attendees. Meetings that you are invited to but did not organize will not be updated until the organizer updates the meeting and prompts you to change to the correct time. Additionally, meetings created by a delegate on your behalf from an non-updated PC will need to be updated on your PC by running the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool again.

/rich