I'm trying to understand exactly what steps end users of Outlook must
take to update. This document:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

Says this:

You can prevent these problems by installing three Microsoft files on your
device and/or PC:

   - Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Update
   - Daylight Saving Time 2007 Update Tool
   - Outlook Time Zone Update Tool

So if you don't do ALL of these, you are going to have sync problems.

Question: does Windows Update do the Windows and Outlook patches?  A
colleague in ACNS who has not run the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool says
that after a recent Windows Update, the next time he ran Outlook it asked to
adjust all of his appointments.

And then we have these encouraging words:

*If some users have not updated their Outlook, it will affect other users
*The Outlook Time Zone Update Tool only updates meetings for which the user
is the organizer, and then automatically sends updates for those meetings to
attendees. Meetings that you are invited to but did not organize will not be
updated until the organizer updates the meeting and prompts you to change to
the correct time. Additionally, meetings created by a delegate on your
behalf from an non-updated PC will need to be updated on your PC by running
the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool again.

/rich