Hello NAG,
       I have recently discovered an incompatibility between the NOD32
antivirus program and Labview 7.1.   Yesterday I discovered the work
around, so I thought I should share it with everyone because NOD32 is
becoming more popular on campus and we have a free campus site license
for the Labview software.
       The symptom is a very long delay when exiting Labview7.1 or any
of the programs (VI's) you create with Labview 7.1 (30-90seconds
depending on CPU speed).  The CPU is pegged at 100% utilization during
this time so it effectively locks up your whole computer for this time
period.
       The solution  is to change a setting in NOD32 under the "IMON,
miscellaneous, exclusions" to include the Labview7.exe program.
Normally this is C:\program files\national
instruments\labview\labview7.exe .   Labview 7.1 has a connection to
internet services that allows it to be remotely controlled and somehow
the NOD32 and Labview get into an argument over this connection during
Labview7.1's  shut down process.
       As far as  I know, this problem does not occur in Labview 5  or
Labview 8.
I like NOD32,  but I did not seem to have this problem when I was
running the Norton-Symantec antivirus program.  It probably was not
trying to check internet traffic for viruses.
Cliff

--
Clifford L. Beckett		office: 517-355-4659
Electronic System Designer        cell: 517-449-8226