At 2007-02-23 12:38 PM Friday, STeve Andre' wrote:
>On Friday 23 February 2007 11:20:35 David McFarlane wrote:
> > Or maybe, "How can we avoid rolling out Vista?"  Do we really have any
> > choice in the long run?
>
>Absolutely.  I haven't run Windows for anything I do personally, since
>2001. The open source world just gets better and better.
<snip>
>This is fodder for a meeting at some point.

Yes, fodder for a meeting.  I'm skeptical that we could get all our users
(i.e., faculty and support staff), or even a good proportion of them (say,
75%) to quit the Microsoft/Windows habit.  And if we could, would we really
want to support a dozen or so platforms across the campus, or would we want
to standardize on some other particular system?  Could be a rich discussion.

-- David McFarlane, Systems Designer
    Dept. Psychology, Michigan State University
    [log in to unmask]    www.msu.edu/~mcfarla9
    Voice: (517) 353-0799    Fax: (517) 353-1652