This is a question for all you Exchange, AD wizards.  I'm trying to
connect to an exchange 2007 server with Office 2007.  I repeatedly get
the error:  "The name cannot be resolved.  The connection to Microsoft
Exchange is unavailable.  Outlook must be online or connected to
complete this action."  In digging, I've found the following Microsoft
articles, 325930, 163576, 832396, and 830914, all having to do with
RPC.  Keep in mind that I've been able to connect to the same Exchange
Server with Office 2003.  What we've noticed is that when trying to
connect to Exchange with Office 2007, it tries to  bind through the NSPI
port whereas when connecting with Office 2003, it binds through the
TCP/IP port for Microsoft SA.  I'm thinking that for some reason that it
cannot find the global catalog when connecting vai the NSPI Proxy
interface.  I did the RPCDUMP that was suggested in one of the articles,
but I'm not sure of the best way to cull through the 111 + entries (
endpoint mapper junk).  I also tried changing the bind order on one of
my clients so that it uses ncacn_ip_tcp first instead of the "local" rpc
bind method.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for what I might have to do
in order to better diagnose an answer to the problem that we are having?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/Leslie

--
Leslie Kissinger-Houang