Couple of follow up notes:

I was able to upgrade the firmware on the jet direct card, and finally,
it works as it should.  It has woken up every time, even in a deep
sleep.  I believe the latest firmware is only a month or so old, so for
those of you who are still looking for a fix (I specifically remember
someone asking me to share if I ever found a solution), give the
firmware upgrade a try.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj05999

Also, NOD32 has been upgraded to 2.7, an automatic update will be sent
out sometime in December.  Since switching a few months ago, we've been
extremely happy, it has been fast, low footprint and excellent at
detecting threats, including spyware.  2.7 goes even further, with
enhanced rootkit detection and even more spyware detection.  I highly
recommend it, if you haven't already switched.  I've ran across yet
another computer that was "protected" with Norton only to find that it
was infected with multiple infiltrations; I believe there has also been
more vulnerabilities posted for Symantec products.

http://www.eset.com/media/promo/NOD32_v27_highlights.html
http://www.eset.com/products/index.php