From: Mark Szymczak [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Roaming Profile Issue

Not sure how many are using roaming profiles, but we've run into a problem
and wanted to know if anyone might have any advice. When a client
workstation is not connected to the domain and a user logs on to the
workstation, providing they've logged on to that workstation before, the
user is logged on and has access to their profile. If a user makes changes
to a specific file while not connected to the domain, once connected back,
those changes are synchronized with the server profile and all works well.
The problem comes when a user either moves, deletes, or renames a file or
directory while not connected to the domain. When the user establishes
connection back to the domain, those changes are void and a copy of the
user's profile is copied down from the server with settings the way they
were when last connected.

We've tried just about every possible scenario to isolate the problem, but
have not had any success. I should mention that this problem only recently
surfaced, though it's possible the problem has been around longer. Any help
would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

http://www.eset.com