On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 10:50:46AM -0500, Bosman, Don wrote:

> The Christian Science Monitor has a nice article about mom cams on college campuses.
> http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1204/p20s01-legn.html
> The concept is simple, really not that expensive and seems to reassure some parents a lot.
>
> Backstory: Look, Mom, it's me. I'm OK!
> Web cams at Cornell and other schools give eager parents a glimpse of their kids.

I'm not aware of an abundance of public webcams, but there are at leas a few
kicking around campus.  MSU Today hosts one, which was announced on this very
list (check the August archives):

http://msutoday.msu.edu/towercam.php3

Better idea:  Buy a couple of webcams, one for home, and one for your
student to take to school.  It's a nice improvement over just a phone
call.  We use our webcam regularly to keep up with our son, now that
he has graduated from MSU and left the state.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Manager		 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980