On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Richard Wiggins wrote:

> I haven't seen OpenOffice or StarOffice listed as being vulnerable.
> Hmm, that's an interesting question -- I doubt Microsoft would take on
> testing and reporting exploits for products that aren't theirs.
> Symantec and the rest have been testing various versions of Word.  I
> don't know if they would automatically test alternatives.  /rich

I don't think M$ would test the alternative..
Can anyone test this? OpenOffice is free from openoffice.org and I think
there is a free edu license for Staroffice.

I think i just got my first one but it doesnt seem to execute on pine on
solaris for some reason. =)

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University