This is slightly off list focus, but you folks are the best connected
resource I know.

I have a friend who's got a small medical office out in the country.  He has
been having increasingly worse intermittent internet connection problems.
Of course, the cable company says there's no problem on their end (and there
may not be).  I tried to test the lines, but I'm well outside of my skill
set.  The tester indicates that there are shorts in all of the hand-crimpled
Cat 5 cables.

Can any of you recommend a reliable (and reasonably priced) network
consultant?  My friend needs someone who can come out and test the wiring,
and provide an estimate for resolving the problem.  They are increasingly
dependent on both the internal network (partially wireless) and the Internet
to provide services for their patients.  I don't know whom to recommend.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jae Walker
former MSU Network administrator