Hello

We are looking to replace an HP4550N with a new network color laser.  We
did order a Dell 5110cn and received it yesterday, however the print
quality is horrible.  Text is not dark, photos and color PDF printouts
are blurry, the 5 year old HP puts it to shame, and we are sending the
5110cn back.  I even called Dell and went through the diagnostics, and
the technician just said, you are exceeding the design limits of the
printer, or something like that.  forums.us.dell.com confirms that the
5110cn is no good.

Part of the reason we are replacing the HP is due to age, and another
annoying problem with it is that when it goes to sleep, printing to it
won't wake it up, so you have to turn it off and then back on to get it
to wake, and it takes around 5 minutes to warm up and calibrate.  I
suspect the jet direct card might be bad, so if anyone has a spare
jetdirect 610N they are no longer using, let me know.

So, I'm looking at another printer or fixing the problem with the
HP4550N.  Any recommendations, either way?  (we'd like to spend $1200 or
less, and also we'd like a printer that cheaper to operate per copy).