Have any of you Python programmers run into issues with the smtp library?
I've used it for years to generate emails from Python scripts, but recently
scripts that have never failed are throwing errors such as this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/admin/hisdoc.py", line 90, in ?
    s.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/smtplib.py", line 302, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
socket.error: (111, 'Connection refused')

I've been searching the internet to see if this is a know issue, but so far
I've uncovered nothing. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I run these scripts on a RHEL 4 linux box, with the python interpreter that
ships with RedHat (2.3) and I also downloaded and compiled the latest Python
from python.org (2.5), and the same error is thrown from either interpreter.

         Eric Weston, Libraries