We've had several persons lately who've experienced long delays lately in mail that goes to the mail.msu.edu system -- up to 24 hours for mail to go from person to person within our department.   Has this been a general problem for others lately?    It isn't happening to all mail, and sometimes mails between the same two persons go through right quick.   Some of these mails originate or end up on our own mail server, but the delays all seem to be happening at mail.msu.edu.

Is there perhaps a retry queue that mails can get tossed into when there are hiccups in the system, with a retry interval that's pretty long?

John Gorentz
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station