David,

I'm partial to a SpamAssassin and mimedefang implementation
at the mail server level.  Allows granular control for HELO
filtering, individual user or server-wide bayesian database,
quick and easy custom rules for catching those new stock image
and URL redirect spams as they roll out.  Not to mention the
help that SARE rules provide to stay current.  Easy to create
HEADER, BODY, URI, and FULL rules to match and tag just about
anything you'd like with some quick regex work.  Also easy
whitelist functionality if your users like to receive particularly
spammy looking newsletters and the like.

I'm of the opinion that spam actually reaching user inboxes
isn't acceptable.  With the right tools at hand, and the time
to spend on it, you can keep that level pretty close to zero
while maintaining close to zero (or actual zero) false positives
as long as you're not overly generous with your points, and
test your new  rules against known ham mailboxes before
putting them into production.

Hope this helps.

-Russell