From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Michael Surato
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Deleted files will not go to recycle bin

Did this behavior start when you redirected My Documents? From what I can
tell, when you redirect a folder it then behaves as a network mapped drive,
it will therefore directly delete the file rather than storing it in the
recycle bin, as it is not a local file. To combat this issue I have turned
on Shadow Copies and distributed the previous versions client to the
workstations. Not quite the same, but it saves from having to recreate the
entire document.

If someone has other ideas, please let me know!

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      Resource Center for Persons          |
|           with Disabilities               |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            120 Bessey Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-9643 Fax: (517) 432-3191 |

http://www.eset.com