Marc Conlin writes:

> We've had a demo unit of this Sun AMD server for a week or more.  We've been
> unable to get the academic versions of Red Hat Linux or Windows 2003 Server,
> both 32 and 64 bit versions to install.  In particular we've been unable to
> get either hardware of software raid to work.
>
> Is anyone actually using a Sun AMD server and if so with what OS and with or
> without raid?

Sorry I'm so far behind on this.  We are using X4200s with Solaris 10.  Our
disks are mirrored by the internal card (this is probably a major difference
between the 4200 and the 2100, I'm not sure).

As for getting alternative OSs to run, here's one indication of success:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-amd64/2005-December/007046.ht
ml

Best of luck.

./matt