Hi Guys,

I am about to implement a password policy that calls for password expiration
every 30 days.  I have run my policy by a small group of faculty and found
that this (as I suspected) is the only point of contention in the policy.

From a security stand point this is absolutely essential for a number of
reasons, and I have explained these reasons but still get guff.

For some reason stating "department x has this same policy" or "x % of the
departments on campus already do this" works far better than logical
explanations... So I was wondering if anyone in NAG'Land would mind sharing
what they are doing for departmental password policies.

Thank you.

| Bryan Murphy, CISSP                        | [log in to unmask]  |
| Information Technology Coordinator         |       517.432.5939 w        |
| MSU Plant Research Lab & Plant Biology     |      517.355.1926 fax       |
| 132a Plant Biology Bldg.                   | http://infotech.prl.msu.edu |