I was asked to send this to the list by a friend in the Department of
Residence Life. The position for Residence Life is posted internally.
It goes external on Thursday.  Please let anyone know who you think
would be interested, and would be able to do the job.

The position number is 0211.

Gene

TECHNICAL MANAGER
The Department of Residence Life at Michigan State University is
seeking an innovative and experienced individual to manage and direct
the technological functions of our unit.   Our work with students and
our programmatic efforts focus around the areas of learning, character
development, multicultural development, community responsibility &
personal well-being.  Successful candidates will possess enthusiasm for
working with diverse student populations, and are interested in joining
a student-centered staff team.

Required Qualifications:
A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business,
or related information technology field; one to three years of related
and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in
programming, database management, development of database driven
applications - specifically PostgreSQL, MySQL or equivalent applications,
developing and implementing Web sites, and providing hardware/software
support; knowledge of php, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office, and PhotoShop;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.

Desired Qualifications:
Degree in computer programming; knowledge of residence life or student
life operations and ability to creatively solve problems and develop
innovations within this context; experience with LANs/server
administration; ability to explain simply and clearly, complicated or
technical information; patience, ingenuity, creativity, accuracy, and
problem solving skills; commitment to excellence and continuous
improvement and expansion of technological support for the work of
staff.

Compensation & Benefits:
This full time position starts at a minimum rate of $37,838 depending
on experience.  Full benefits package includes health, dental, matched
retirement and tuition assistance.