Hello Troy,

I'm in the process of moving away from BrighStor ArcServe backup.  I use it primarily for Novell servers, but I concurr with Mr. Foreman that their support hasn't been all that great for me, but I've paid dearly for the number of licenses I have.  I tried BackupExec/Veritas, but I didn't find the setup and user interfaces any easier that ArcServe to use or update. Add on the security vulnerabilities that Veritas had to scramble to patch last fall, and I took them off my short list as well.

I'm in the process of moving my backups for Novell and SUSE Linux servers to Yosemite Tapeware Standard edition.  It has a very easy to use interface, simple administrative tools, and was a breeze to install even on Linux servers.  Again, I can't speak for the Windows versions of the software, but it has been very easy to install, run, and restore files with on both Netware and Linux.  You can download and run a 30 day trial if you want to try it out.

/John Resotko
MSU College of Law

>>> Troy Murray <[log in to unmask]> 3/14/2006 3:59 PM >>>
Anyone on campus using BrightStor ARCserve backup for Windows?  We are
considering this product but I'd like to talk to someone who is using it
first.

--
Troy D Murray