Dear NAG,

I'm asking the list this question because it applies to me personally
but there may be a larger point.  Foolishly I upgraded to Internet
Explorer 7 beta.  I want to go back to IE 6.  IE 7 has some bugs that
annoy me to the point of reverting.

If I try to install IE 6, the installer detects that I have a newer
version and exits.

Under "Add/Remove Programs" there's a checkmark for Internet Explorer
under Windows Components.  But if I click on this checkmark, what
state does that leave my computer in?  Would it be safe to download IE
6 to disk, unistall IE7, and run the IE 6 installer?

My bottom-line question is whether one can safely accomplish this
reversoin without having their system CD handy (ie on the road with a
laptop).

Thanks,

/rich