NAG Group:

We am planning to purchase a new KVM switch for
our server room.  The majority of the machines
are Windows servers, but there are also a couple
of UNIX boxes in (Sun Solaris).  Currently,
the Sun systems are running as "headless"
servers, but connecting a monitor and keyboard
would sometimes be useful for troubleshooting
purposes, especially if the system does not come
up cleanly during a restart (which is actually
quite rare).

At any rate, since we will be purchasing a KVM
for the Windows machines, it might be nice to
have a "multi-platform" switch that we can use
with both the Windows and Sun systems at the
same time.  We considered getting a KVM for the
Windows machines and possibly a serial console
switch for the Suns. but something that could
combine the two platforms to use a single monitor
and keyboard whould actually be quite handy.

Has anyone out there made use of a multi-platform
KVM that will work with both Windows and Sun Solaris
systems?   Any recommendations?

All input will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Wilson Ndovie