I know in the past, many people have asked for manuals and templates to perform certain security tasks.  The attached email references the English translation of a German "baseline" security document and accompanying materials that the author believes provides a good working model for IT security.  I'm downloading and reviewing it now, and I can say my first impression is that it is quite comprehensive.  You might want to take a look at them if you are looking for something like this.  FYI, your mileage may vary, standard disclaimers apply.  Enjoy!

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836