While I have not tried this, I do not see why it would not work. To
remove the antivirus program (at least in the newer releases that use
MSI), you could simply push out "msiexec.exe /x <path to install msi>
/qb-" through a login script or other such medium. That should remove
the product with a minimal amount of work and error.

As far as moving to unmanaged, I have not attempted that operation
without reinstalling. You could use the above uninstall script, together
with a new install, to script an unmanaged install. Out of curiosity,
why would you want to do this? The antivirus server does not have to run
on a server operating system. If you install the antivirus server onto a
workstation, you could still have the server console and other such
tools to see if a virus was making the rounds in your environment.

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      Resource Center for Persons          |
|           with Disabilities               |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            120 Bessey Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-9643 Fax: (517) 432-3191 |