Is anyone else experiencing these annoying slowdowns for network
connections to off-campus sites? The happen with increasing frequency
and with no pattern I can discern. The connection appears to work
PARTIALLY, but loading a web page or downloading something can take far
longer than it should and sometimes fail.

Yesterday late afternoon I was trying to update a new computer through
Windows Update (at Microsoft's site) and it took forever, with several
failed attempts along the way. Right now (6:50 am) it's happening again.
Connections to on-campus sites are just fine during these times. I'm
guessing something's happening either with our campus router or our
connection to the cloud...

Anyone else notice this? It's been happening for several weeks now.

Thomas P. Carter, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1322