I've just recently moved all my servers to NOD32 from Symantec, and it's
great.  NOD32 just seems much more polished and I can also say that it's
much more effective in keeping things out.  Scan times are impressive,
and there is a lot less overhead.

Now, I do have several problems that I'm hoping someone in the group can
help solve.

1)  While I wait for the new fiscal year to get funding for licenses for
NOD32, I'd like to change all of Symantec clients on the workstations
from Managed to Unmanaged.  Symantec helpfully suggests removing and
reinstalling SAV Corporate to do so, which doesn't help  Will these
workstations still update with out the server component installed?  Will
patching the registry key to change parent server to a blank value be
enough?  I know SAV Corporate manually updates, but will it still auto
update?

I'm referring to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\Currentversion
AlertDirectory
Parent
Remotehomedirectory

and removing the server name and paths from those keys.

2)  When the time comes to move from Symantec to NOD32 for around 60
workstations, is there a way to 'unpush' the Norton Corporate
installations from all these machines?  NOD32 pushes out, and that's
fine, it's removing Symantec which is the problem.

Thank you.