I'm going to post some comments about MSU's new web site here.  I'd use the on-line form for providing feedback, but that form insists on my providing a ranking of a whole bunch of things before it'll let me submit my comments.  I hardly ever participate in doing rankings on surveys like that.   They're not going to provide the recipients with useful information, so why should I waste my time on them?   It hurts my head to try to squeeze my opinions into a 1-5 ranking.   And besides, I didn't even have opinions on all the items that form asks about.

My comment is based on a look at the home page only.   The following is what I tried to submit before I saw that the form wasn't going to cooperate:

I don't think users with visual difficulties are going to like the way the menu on the left overlaps the text.  I use IE6 SP1 with the accessibility feature, "Ignore font sizes...".  I use this option because most web pages use fonts that are too small for comfort.   I've taken a screen shot of the results and have put it on my personal web site for you to look at.  It's at http://www.johngorentz.com/pix/msupage.jpg

There were no such problems with the old web page.

I like the color scheme on the old one better, too.   After all, it's supposed to be "Go Green! Go White!", not "Go Green! Go Grey!"

John Gorentz
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station