We have an intruder repeatedly breaking in to a main office
computer(deleting firewalls & antivirus, enabling telnet, installing pirated
movies, etc.).  The most recent incident was Thursday night/Friday morning.
The Windows XP security log shows a logon type 2 early Friday morning.  This
is supposed to mean a console logon, which would mean that the intruder was
in the office directly at the keyboard of the attacked computer, instead of
breaking in over the network.

Question:  Is there any other way to get a logon type 2 in the security log?
Or let's take a poll:  How many of you think that our intruder is coming in
the door, and how many think he is coming over the network?

 -- David McFarlane
  Systems Designer
  Michigan State University, Dept. of Psychology