Sony's software is only installed on Windows computers.  The security
model of Linux and Mac OS X should prevent this type of software from
automatically being installed.  It seems safe to qualify "your computer"
to "your Windows computer".

As for work Windows computers, is there a way to lock out users from
installing (either willfully or inadvertently) new or modified drivers?
  Is there no way for an administrator to prevent this such
auto-installs (something more robust than disabling autorun for CDs)?

-Tom