Today we'll send out the 8th and final mailing to people whose
passwords associated with their MSU NetIDs still need to be changed.

As of Sunday, we had 1542 current faculty or staff who had not changed
their passwords, and 861 current students.  We're glad to see that
many thousands of members of the MSU community made the change.

Note that these mailings have been targeted to NetIDs whose passwords
need changing.  We have some reports of confusion when mail is
forwarded to another account; people who change passwords and continue
to get the e-mail should read the mail carefully and make sure they're
changing the password for the correct NetID.

We've also had a few reports of people who never migrated from Pilot
to mail.msu.edu, and therefore did not get any mailings.  If those
people did not get the message otherwise, they'll have to reset their
passwords via the PID/PAN route.

FYI for computer support personnel, the actual change is scheduled for
around midnight, Tuesday, September 27.   See:
http://servicestatus.msu.edu/status_detail.php?id=000000000000793

To belabor the obvious, please do not suggest to your users that they
wait until Tuesday to make the password change.

Thanks,

/rich