Folks,

I recently received information from EDUCAUSE on a seminar: Security Boot Camp for User Services & IT Support Staff.

Why is my computer not working? How do I protect my personal information? What is an effective password? What protections are necessary to keep my computer safe? These are among the common issues that confront user services and IT support staff personnel. As security has become a front-and-center concern of IT departments and a common frustration for end-users, the support requirements for help desks and IT support staff have emerged as a critical competency for the central and departmental IT organization.

This seminar will provide IT support personnel with an introduction to the common cybersecurity issues that their organizational users will face. It will also explore strategies and solutions for addressing user concerns and organizational requirements for improving the security of information systems.

This seminar will be held on September 26, 2005 in Madison Wisconsin.  The cost is $225.00 for an EDUCAUSE member and $250.00 for a non member. The agenda and location information is available at:

http://www.educause.edu/esem051

Debbie

Debbie Malcangi

Libraries, Computing & Technology Training Program

ACNS - LCTTP Manager

602 B Computer Center

East Lansing, Michigan  48824

517-432-0456