I use an EM01B from a company called Esensors.  It works perfectly with
Nagios and monitors temperature, humidity and light.  Combined with Nagios
and/or MRTG you can generate historic graphs and all kinds of other useful
and fun stuff.

http://www.nagios.org/products/environmental/esensors/em01b.php