We have some users that access our websites and web applications
(websites where you can perform database operations and that kind of
thing) from abroad.
Today some of them have been complaining  because they can not access
the applications and keep getting a "site not available" kind of message.
I was wondering if the problem has anything to do with the power
failures on the recent days. I remember a long time ago when we made
some changes on domain names and IPs and the changes never propagated to
some ISPs. I would think that things are better three-four years later,
when it comes to how routers propagate this kind of changes.

Did anybody knows how these issues work? or experienced a similar situation?

oscar

--
Oscar Castaneda
Center for Global Change and Earth Observations