On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Peter J Murray wrote:

> A professor over here came across an interesting situation regarding DVD
> region coding in the tech carts.  He taught a class in Wells hall (in
> the C section), and he wanted to show a DVD to his class.  He put the
> DVD in and the computer told him that the DVD player in the computer was
> set for Region 3.  He set it to Region 1, so he could play his DVD. The
> computer also told him that he had 3 region changes left. I know that
> you can only switch regions 5 times before the drive locks on to the
> last region.  He said that there is a lot of language classes taught in
> Wells, and I can imagine that there might be some other region DVD discs
> that may want to be played on these carts.  Just a heads up, please
> forward to the appropriate people.

Was this a Mac or a PC Tech cart?  Do you know which C wing room it was
specifically?

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847
Michigan State University      E-mail:       [log in to unmask]
515 Computer Center            E-mail Page:  [log in to unmask]
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042    (please limit page to 3 lines)