From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Bosman, Don
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 7:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Experiences with Gateway enterprise support & service

Thanks by the way to those who replied to my earlier request regarding
touch screen LCD monitors. The industry leader seems to be EOL, which
makes sense since they have been doing touch screens for a long time. By
the way Dell sells both capacitance and resistance LCD screens from EOL
and 3M.

The library has a relatively long of experience with Dell boxes. Gateway
has come in with a lower quote for this years consideration. Has anyone
had much experience with Gateway as a primary supplier? Good or bad.
With Dell we can order our own warranty replacement parts. How does
Gateway handle replacements or perhaps spares?

Private or off list replies welcome. Lunch off campus if need be. I'm
really good at forgetting who told me what about what vendor.  ;-)

Thanks.

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
Michigan State University, Libraries