Jesse:

Technically, an IDS/IDP device is a violation of our AUP.  However, a new
document has been created by LC&T containing a set of guidelines which, if
followed, grants permission to University units to implement IDS/IDP-type
security.  This document is attached.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly.  (I don't always
have time to track this mailing list...)

Tom Davis, Director
Academic Computing and Network Services