Hi there;

Can anyone think of something that changed in the past week or so that would cause an incoming connection to an MSU computer to fail? One of our economists has called “VNC” set up on his Windows XP PC. He used this to set up an account so a user at the World Bank could access the computer. Suddenly it has stopped working. The computer has internet connectivity, but the remote machine can’t get to it.

The remote user sent me this paragraph:

Mr. X's IP address is 35.10.68.(*). However this address has not been accessible from outside of the university -- cannot even be pinged -- for the past couple of days. The question is why. I tried to trace the route from the World Bank to his address and it failed at the point of reaching SPRINTLINK ( sl-gw19-rly-7-0-TS6.sprintlink.net

[160.81.221.69] (unreachable). Thus I wonder if you may have a problem with your internet connection (I assume Sprint is your provider).

Any ideas you might have would be welcome!

Thanks;

Wendy

Wendy Tate

Network Coordinator