Hi,

After the implementation of Kerberos 5 I was under the impression that
users could have a NetID password of at least 8 characters, with an
upper limit of 255 characters. When I helped a user to change their
password today, I was surprised that the system enforced a password
length of at least 6 characters, but not more than 8 characters. Is this
the manner that it was supposed to work? If so, I would be interested in
why an upper limit of 8 characters is required.

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      Resource Center for Persons          |
|           with Disabilities               |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            120 Bessey Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-9643 Fax: (517) 432-3191 |