Hi!

mountd (rpc.mountd): normally uses a random port allocated by portmapper. It
is possible to configure a fixed port number by supplying the ³-p² command
line option when the program is launched. This can be done by editing the
file /etc/sysconfig/network and adding the following line:

MOUNTD_PORT=4002

rpc.quotad should be at least version 3.08

In the file /etc/rpc and check that the following line is present:

rquotad 100011 rquotaprog quota rquota

It should be there, but if isnt, then add it yourself. Then edit the file
/etc/services and add the following lines:

rquotad 4003/tcp
rquotad 4003/tcp

Then iptables should be able to have something like these lines for NFS:

iptables -A INPUT -s ip.pc.client -d 0/0 4000:4003 -p 6 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s ip.pc.client -d 0/0 4000:4003 -p 17 -j ACCEPT

:)
Missy Koos
Webmistress & Database Developer
Student Affairs & Services